The Zimbabwe Association of Dairy Farmers (ZADF) was born in 2013 – true but suggesting it is a very young organization so we need this to be captured as rebranded to ZADF from NADF but getting the correct terms. NADF was over 30 years.
Established over 30 years ago as the National Association of Dairy Farmers (NADF), the Association grew in leaps and bounds and was re-branded in 2013 to Zimbabwe Association of Dairy Farmers (ZADF).
• To promote, advance, and develop the production of milk and dairy products;
• To advance and protect the interests of all sections and categories of producers;
• By so doing, to play a pivotal anchor role in the dairy industry in Zimbabwe.
• Providing technical extension services to dairy farmers;
• Offering effective communications and timely information;
•Engaging in lobbying efforts to protect and serve members' interests.
• Attending Regional Meetings to maintain contact with Members, establish their needs, then endeavor to meet them;
• Communicating with major milk buyers to encourage payment of a viable price for raw milk;
• Arranging discussion groups and field days for all levels of producers;
• Maintaining membership of relevant regional and international dairy organizations, so that Members are included in the international dairy industry;
• Maintaining contact with local agro-industries, Government Departments, and other relevant stakeholders; and
• Playing a facilitating role to enhance the efficiency of milk production in Zimbabwe.